A few items of interest and updates of events taking place shortly.
- The water will be turned off next week, after all the rain, everybody should have a water butt full if they need water.
- The compost stored in the two bins by the main car park is now ready for use and the first bin has been uncovered to facilitate access. Please help yourself.
- There is a bale of straw in the third compost bin that is available to whoever needs some.
- Eileen has potted up more Sweet Williams and they are now ready for planting, they will make a lovely splash of colour next year and the flowers smell divine! Only 50p a pot.
October will be upon us next week and it brings a number of annual events with it:
- Entries to the Pumpkin Competition will be judged during the Coffee Morning on Sunday 4th October. If you have entered, please bring your pumpkin to the Clubhouse on Sunday to be weighed, clearly marked with your name and plot number. Failure to do so will disqualify your entry.
- The Coffee Morning will be the last of the year and to celebrate Doug is providing some special cakes! There is also a Working Party scheduled for the same morning, so please come along and help out with some of the essential maintenance that needs doing around the site and enjoy a cup of tea and piece of cake afterwards.
- Our Quiz Night/Harvest Supper takes place on Saturday 17th October in the White Horse Pub, start time 7:30pm so be there a bit before. The Quiz is very simple this time around, all the questions have a garden theme and teams will only need to consist of two people. Booking for the quiz and meal is essential, there is a list in the Clubhouse that you can access on the day of the coffee morning. Entry, including food is a mere £6.00!
- The bad news is that letters requesting your fees for 2016 will be sent to you in early December, don’t worry though you will have plenty of time to save up before you have to pay! Sadly we are aware of one or two members that are having to give up their plots at the end of the year, if this is you, we are sorry to see you go and wish you well in the future. If you are considering relinquishing your plot and haven’t told a committee member yet, could you please do so soon so that we can re-allocate your plot in the New Year. Thank You.
- October is also the month when we carry out our annual stock check, so we will be round at some point to check on water butts and compost bins, please could you ensure your water butts have your plot number clearly displayed.
That’s all folks, hope you made it this far…..